Trees of Tribute - 20 Memorial Trees

Memorial trees had protective white picket fences built around them - shown here around 1920 - taken near the School of Arts Hall looking north on Main Street - later  renamed Memorial Drive
Memorial trees had protective white picket fences built around them - shown here around 1920 - taken near the School of Arts Hall looking north on Main Street - later renamed Memorial Drive

Twenty Trees were planted in Main Street Eumundi (later changed to Memorial Drive) in memory of 20 men who enlisted in World War 1 and did not return.

 

The trees were planted between 1914 and 1919 with impetus from the Eumundi Women's Patriot Committee.

 

These trees now heritage listed are an important part of the history of Eumundi.

 

For more information on the  trees and the stories of the 20 men they represent CLICK HERE

photographs of the Memorial Trees